Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sushi & Sexuality

So the other night a couple of friends and I trotted over to the new delightful rotating sushi bar of my dreams. This place was by far the classiest rotating sushi bar I've ever been to, as most that I've stumbled upon seem to find no need to actually cover the rotating sushi, or provide any sort of basic creature comfort such as plush dining booths or what I now find essential to any minimal-waiter/waitress environment, a shiny blue light beacon over my booth announcing to the world that I need some tasty addition to my meal. However not so fabulous was the fact that the particular booth that my friends and I were seated at seemed to be at the end of the sushi conveyer belt fun.

I would hopefully glance over at the spectacular creations that the very un-japanese chefs were preparing across the room, watch them plate and set them on the dizzying labyrinth of rotating sushidom twirling about the restaurant (complete with Kid Robot characters) and watch in despair as every greedy sashimi lover in the room snatched up my coveted tempura roll as it slowly sashayed toward me. DAMN IT!

However, even in all of the sushi-snagging turmoil I managed to consume my fair share of tasty treats and I was still amused with the completely non-asian staff, bizarre mochi flavors and the hipster boy waiters with interesting body modification decisions.

As we waddled out and I ran to the hostess's podium for that after-dinner mint to clear my pallete of fishness, I saw a little stack of The Stranger newspapers over in the corner next to another gigantic Kid Robot installment. I snatched a copy faster than the greedy fat sushi man in the corner, curled it up, and placed it under my arm.

On the ride home I perused its pages, which was particularly entertaining as it just so happened to be the annual "seattle sex survey" issue. I was boggled by such unknown facts like the number one place to take a date before taking their clothes off was Dick's. Really people??? Dick's? Nothing spells hot sex-filled evening like a greasy burger and a milkshake served to you by someone in a tiny paper hat.

Other random facts; only 5% or married surveyers were cheating on their spouse, while 37% of respondents had sex they didn't regret while strung out on drugs. More people polled had paid for sex than used viagara, and even more had been peed on. Another shocker, nearly 3% of these people had had sex with a homeless person! Ahhhhh.... the delights that lie within the pages of The Stranger .

No comments:

Post a Comment